- The adult human brain weighs about 3 pounds.
- Lack of oxygen in the brain for 5 to 10 minutes results in permanent brain damage.
- The brain contains billions of nerve cells that send and receive information around the body.
- The human brain is over three times as big as the brain of other mammals that are of similar body size.
- Size doesn’t matter in the brain. There is no evidence that a larger brain is smarter than a smaller brain.
- Your brain keeps developing until your late 40s.
- There are 100,000 miles of blood vessels in the brain. The distance around the world at the equator is 24,900 miles.
- New Brain Connections Are Created Every Time You Form a Memory.
- The brain is suspended in Cerebrospinal fluid, effectively floating in liquid that acts as both a cushion to physical impact and a barrier to infections.
- Your brain uses 20% of the total oxygen and blood in your body.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!