Interesting Facts About Jewelry
- Diamonds were first discovered in India, over 2400 years ago. The biggest modern supplier of diamonds is South America.
- Silver darkening is a normal process. It happens due to silver interaction with serum, which we deal with in everyday life.
- The word diamond comes from the Greek word “adamant” which means invincible or steadfast.
- In the symbolic language of jewels, a sapphire in a wedding ring means marital happiness.
- The most expensive piece of jewelry designed for a movie was the necklace worn by Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge. The 134 carat diamond necklace with 1,308 diamonds cost a cool 1 million and was created by Stefano Canturi.
- The word carat comes from carob, a seed that is uniformed in weight.
- Men were the first to wear jewelry as a status symbol and as good luck amulets to aid them in battle.
- In some cultures people would swallow pearls. They believe it will give them relief from any sickness.
- Egypt and Mesopotamia were the first two ancient civilizations that started organized production of jewelry.
- High quality emerald is more valuable than a diamond.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!