Interesting Facts About Reading
- 90% of this information will be acquired through reading.
- Reading creates vocabulary and an increased ability to communicate.
- 70% of pupils permanently excluded from school have difficulties in basic literacy skills.
- Seven out of eight students with reading problems in first grade continue to struggle with reading in 9th grade.
- A recent study found that people who read are two and a half times less likely to be diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Syndrome later on in life.
- Reading is one of the best ways to relax. After just six minutes of reading, participants’ heart rates and muscle tension dropped to relaxed levels.
- Overall, a smaller percentage of children in poverty were read to, told stories, or sung to daily by a family member than children at or above poverty.
- The average person in business reads no faster than people did 100 years ago.
- 500 000 new titles are published each year in the English language alone.
- In business, the average person spends 2 hours a day on work-related information management.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!