Coffee-10 Interesting Facts

  • The world’s first coffee house opened in 1475 in Istanbul.
  • Espresso is not a coffee bean, its one method of coffee making.
  • World’s most of the coffee grows in “Bean Belt” the areas between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.
  • 40% of world’s coffee is produced in Colombia and Brazil.
  • It is 2nd most traded commodity around the globe.

Coffee

  • There are more than 50 species of coffee in the world but only 2 Arabica and Robusta are commonly used in commercial coffee production.
  • 70% world consume Arabica coffee, which is mild and aromatic. Remaining 30% drinks Robusta, which is bitter and have 50% more caffeine than Arabica.
  • More than 500 Billion coffee cups are drunk each day around the world.
  • It has mood boosting effect and helps to overcome depression.
  • The coffee industry employs 25 million people around the world.

About Maryam

Add Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Recent Post

Subscribe for Our Newsletter

Get in Touch with us!