Coffee-10 Interesting Facts
- The world’s first coffee house opened in 1475 in Istanbul.
- Espresso is not a coffee bean, its one method of coffee making.
- World’s most of the coffee grows in “Bean Belt” the areas between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn.
- 40% of world’s coffee is produced in Colombia and Brazil.
- It is 2nd most traded commodity around the globe.
- There are more than 50 species of coffee in the world but only 2 Arabica and Robusta are commonly used in commercial coffee production.
- 70% world consume Arabica coffee, which is mild and aromatic. Remaining 30% drinks Robusta, which is bitter and have 50% more caffeine than Arabica.
- More than 500 Billion coffee cups are drunk each day around the world.
- It has mood boosting effect and helps to overcome depression.
- The coffee industry employs 25 million people around the world.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!