- Bitter melon (Momordica charantia) is also commonly known as “bitter gourd” or balsam pear.
- Bitter gourds are very beneficial in lowering sugar levels in patients of diabetes.
- Intake of bitter gourd juice can help alleviate eye problems and improve eyesight eventually.
- Bitter gourd has several properties that help cleanse the body of unwanted toxins. Two teaspoons of bitter gourd juice daily or just raw bitter gourd is beneficial for cleansing the liver and ridding the body of harmful toxins.
- Fresh juice of bitter gourd is good for patients suffering from piles.
- The essential vitamins and minerals present in bitter gourd help in treating defective metabolism of carbohydrates.
- he vegetable is very low in calories, providing just 17 calories per 100g. Nevertheless, its pods are rich in phytonutrients like dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants.
- The bitter tonic properties of bitter gourd have made it effective as a blood purifier.
- It is known to prevent and treat cholera. Have bitter gourd juice twice a day for maximum effect.
- Bitter gourd has been known to provide relief from constipation.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!