- Ferrets have no inherent fear of humans.
- A newborn ferret is so small that it can fit into a teaspoon.
- An unspayed female ferret is called a jill while a spayed female is a sprite. An intact male is a hob and a neutered male is called a gib. Baby ferrets are called kits.
- Their average lifespan is between 5-9 years however some live for 10 years and longer.
- Ferrets are great at hiding themselves and hiding things.
- You can teach your ferret to blow his nose into a cloth handkerchief.
- Ferrets like to crawl into small dark spaces to sleep.
- Ferrets can sleep so soundly that they cannot be woken up even when picked up and jostled.
- A small ferret may be able to squeeze through a hole just over an inch in diameter.
- All ferret kits have white fur at birth.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!