Interesting Facts About Fish
- A starfish doesn’t have a brain.
- A person who studies fish species is called an ichthyologist.
- The males and females have different colors or different shaped bodies.
- Fish are vertebrate animals that live in the water. Vertebrate means they have a spinal cord surrounded by bone or cartilage.
- There are over 25,000 different fish species in the world.
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
- Fish are cold-blooded animals.
- The largest member of the dolphin family is called an orca or killer whale.
- Flying fish actually glide on wind currents above the surface of the water, sometimes up to 20 feet above the surface.
- Fish are covered in scales which are often covered in a layer of slime to help their movement through water.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!