- Foxes show great caring, adaptability and intelligence when raising their young.
- A fox’s home is called a “den”. It can be a hole in the ground or elsewhere, such as under a garden shed.
- Grey foxes who live in North America are the only type of dogs who can climb trees.
- Foxes have beautiful fur, and as a result, the heartless fur industry both breeds captive foxes and traps foxes in the wild.
- Foxes eat just about anything, including berries, worms, spiders and small animals such as mice and birds. If they live in the city, they eat rubbish that people leave out.
- When fox pups are born, they are unable to see, hear or walk, and their mother must take good care of them. When the pups are young, their father hunts and brings food back for the family.
- There are many different types of foxes, and they are the most widespread species of wild dog in the world.
- Foxes are the only type of dog capable of retracting their claws like cats do. Foxes also have vertical pupils that look more like those of cats than the rounded pupils that other dogs have.
- Foxes are members of the dog family. A female fox is called a “vixen”.
- A male fox is called a “dog fox” or a “tod” and baby foxes are called “pups”, “kits” or “cubs”. A group of foxes is called a “skulk” or a “leash”.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!