- There are more than 60 species and 8000 varieties of grapes all over the world. Some common varieties of grapes are blue, black, green, red, golden, blue-black, white and purple.
- Spanish explorers introduced the fruit to America about 300 years ago.
- The main two types of grapes are European and American. They come in seedless and seeded varieties.
- 72 million tons of grapes are produced around the world each year.
- One grape cluster has on an average 75 grapes.
- Grapes consist of about 80% of water, which make them a low-calorie snack or dessert. Raisins or dried grapes consist of about 15% of water.
- Grapes are a kind of berry. They have a leathery covering and a fleshy inside, similar to blueberries.
- Eating too many grapes can give a laxative effect.
- Grapes contain low levels of cholesterol, sodium and fat and are rich in vitamins K and C.
- Grapes play a significant role in preventing a number of health problems and hence can be used as one of the effective home remedies.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!