Facts About Green Chillies
- They’re packed with Vitamin A, which is essential for the health and maintenance of bones, teeth, mucous membranes, eyes, and skin.
- One medium green chile has as much vitamin C as 6 oranges.
- Each 1/2-cup serving of green chilis contains 10.7 micrograms of vitamin K.
- Chili pepper contains an impressive list of plant derived chemical compounds that are known to have disease preventing and health promoting properties.
- Chillis, come in all shapes, sizes and colours ranging from tiny pointed extremely hot, birds eye chilli to the large mild fleshy peppers like the anaheim.
- There is clinical evidence that capsaicin can be used to treat nerve-related disorders like persistent pain, psoriasis, and neuropathy. Capsaicin also releases endorphins in the brain and puts chili eaters in a better mood.
- Chili peppers have been a part of the human diet in the Americas since at least 7500 BC.
- Chilies contain health benefiting an alkaloid compound in them, capsaicin, which gives strong spicy pungent character.
- Capsaicin has anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, analgesic and anti-diabetic properties. It also found to reduce LDL cholesterol levels in obese individuals.
- Hot chile peppers speed up the metabolism to help with weight loss.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!