- It reduces chances of cancer.
- The ancient Egyptians believed the pomegranate to be a symbol of fertility and used it in a variety of food preparations.
- The Buddhists believe the pomegranate to be a blessed fruit and often use it in their art.
- A pomegranate tree can grow up to fifteen feet in height and may live for more than one hundred years.
- The pomegranate plant is well adapted to the hot, dry climate of the Southwest and grows in a wide range of soils.
- Pomegranates can be stored for two months in the refrigerator.
- The French name for pomegranate -pomme grenade- actually has nothing to do with being an apple from Granada. The second half of the name actually comes from the Latin word for “seeded”—grānātum.
- Most pomegranate species vary from pink to deep red in color. They are round in shape and vary in size and weight.
- It strengthens immune system in the body and protects you from harmful diseases.
- Pomegranate is a rich source of soluble and insoluble fiber. So these contents help your digestive system becoming smooth and controls bowel movements.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!