- Over 1 billion pounds (450 million kgs) of pumpkin are produced in the US every year.
- Pumpkins are believed to have originated in North America.
- Pumpkins contain potassium and Vitamin A.
- The largest pumpkin ever grown weighed 1,140 pounds.
- Pumpkin seeds help avoid prostrate cancer in men.
- Pumpkins are low in calories, fat, and sodium and high in fiber.
- Pumpkin plants feature both male and female flowers, with bees typically being involved in pollination.
- 100 grams of pumpkin produces around 26 calories of energy.
- Native Americans used pumpkin seeds for food and medicine.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!