Interesting Facts About Coconut
- Every bit of the coconut is used. As a result, coconuts are called the “Tree of Life” and can produce drink, fiber, food, fuel, utensils, musical instruments, and much more.
- Young and slightly immature coconuts harvested when they are about 5-7 months of age for the drink.
- Coconut water is a very refreshing drink to beat tropical summer thirst. The juice is packed with simple sugar, electrolytes, and minerals to replenish hydration levels within the body.
- Coconut oils contain median chain triglycerides which are easy to digest. The oil is source of energy and has an accelerating effect on the metabolism.
- Coconut Water Can Be Used as a Substitute for Blood Plasma.
- They grow from sandy soils and an abundant amount of sun and rain. Often they are found near the ocean and sustainable to the excessive salt in the air.
- Coconuts are the seeds of the coconut palm tree and considered a type of nut. The “meat” of the coconut is high in protein; whereas the milk is refreshing, light and low in sugar.
- It takes 11 -12 months for the coconut to mature.
- Most plants have tap roots. However, the coconut tree has a fibrous root system. The tree gains the nutrition from thin branching roots growing from the stem.
- It keeps the skin’s connective tissues strong, which prevents sagging and wrinkles.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!