Interesting Facts About Hawk
- “Hawk” is a general term used to describe the entire group of diurnal (active by day) predatory birds.
- Hawks have very good eyesight and are widely reputed to have visual acuity several times that of a normal human being.
- Within the hawk species, the female is generally larger than the male.
- The hawk migrates in the fall and the spring seasons. Different types of hawks choose separate times in both of the seasons to migrate north or south.
- In one year, a female hawk will lay about five eggs.
- They are swift fliers, with some attaining a speed of over 150 mph when diving.
- There are more than 270 different species that comprise the hawk family.
- They vary widely in size and form, ranging from 4 ounces to 52 ounces.
- Hawk feet are equipped with sharp, curved talons for capturing prey, and their strong beaks are hooked for biting and tearing flesh.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!