Interesting Facts About Peach
- The botanical name for a peach is: Prunus persica.
- The fuzzy peach is actually a member of the rose family and originated in China.
- It has a natural soothing effect: peach can even help to calm a sour stomach.
- Peach is good for digestion and it has a diuretic effect – you can eat these fruits to cleanse your kidneys and bladder.
- It is an ideal snack between meals – eating a peach can give you the feeling of being full, so you will eat less; great for losing weight.
- Because of the above mentioned A and C vitamins in this fruit, it is a great moisturizer and a natural cure for refreshing the skin; therefore it is often used in cosmetics.
- In Roman times, people thought peach originated from Persia – its scientific latin name also reflects this: ‘Prunus persica ’. Peaches were often called as ‘Persian Apples ’.
- The peach tree is often considered to be the tree of life.
- On the world, China is the biggest producer of peaches and Italy is the second.
- A large peach has fewer than 70 calories and contains 3 grams of fiber. It’s also a good source of vitamins A and C.
Subscribe for Our Newsletter
Get in Touch with us!